Ques/Help Samsung Corby GT-S3650: remove app lock

GabryMaiel

Apr 8, 2023
Italy
Language
English
After many years I managed to give a Samsung Corby GT-S3650 a new touchscreen. It was fatally broken back in 2012 and I was going to save some media that are still there. The phone is now perfectly usable but there's an app lock that impedes me to enter ANY app (except for camera, settings, connectivity etc.), including the media archive. The so-called "privacy lock" consists in a numeric code of 4 to 8 digits. A relative of mine who used the phone back then doesn't remember the code, but he remembers that it was probably just a 4 digit code. I am already using the brute force method (10.000 tries is not too much to get out of this in a week or two), but if it turns out that the digits are not 4 I will definitely need to remove this lock one way or another. I am also going to use a USB cable (I am waiting for it to be shipped home) to see if the PC can read the internal storage of the phone.
Now, considering that the operating system is Samsung Touchwiz 1.0, is there any way to "jailbreak" it or remove this app lock without factory resetting, maybe with a special code written with the phone dial? Since very few will know how to do it, can you indicate me where to ask for this operating system/very old smartphones?

Thank you.